Monday, September 25, 2006

Speaking of my Grandma...

Abba, I really miss her. I've been thinking a lot about her lately. There was an older couple that came into HD today. The Grandma was babysitting her great-grandaughter and I was just ringing them up and listening to her babble at the baby girl. It reminded me so much of watching my Grandma with Deidra. I instantly teared up and I was in the middle of ringing them up at the time. All I could see was my Grandma with Deidra...I totally blanked out in the middle of the transaction. Thankfully my brain took over and I didn't make a fool out of myself, but it was a bittersweet moment. I'm so glad that my Grandma got to meet our precious little angel. She always loved babies and I'm glad that Deidra got to know her for a year and a half before she died. We still talk about her and she knows who she is in pictures.

Abba, tell my Grandma for me that I really miss her and that I love her and give her a hug from me. I can so see her up there in Heaven with you walking in the gardens with my Mom and her baby girl, Dale Ann. I'm sure she's told Mom all about baby D too. :-) She's got lots of loved ones up there with her now and I look forward to the day that I get to see her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home