Friday, April 06, 2007

My brave little girl...

We got to the doctor's office and they wanted her to give a urine specimen to rule out a bladder infection. She couldn't go. They poked her finger to test her sugars and she said "ow, ow, ow" afterwards, but she did really well. She offered her finger and sat very still while the nurse did it...why she couldn't do that for me is beyond me...oh...I'm the mommy that's why. Anyway, her blood sugars came back normal. The doctor brought her some cold water to drink and the nurse came in and did her TB test...she did cry a little bit while that one happened, but she sat really still and watched them do the whole thing. She was so brave...I was very impressed with how she did. The doctor wanted her to do a urinalysis before we left and finally she said that she thought she could go. She produced the tiniest little amount of urine and we gave it to the doctor. He came back in and said she didn't have a bladder infection. I didn't think that she did, but I was suprised when he added that he was worrying about her kidney function and he wants me to get another urine specimen from her on Monday morning and bring it in. Depending on how that one goes, she may be going to the hospital for some more tests. But, he's thinking that this thing with her kidneys is the reason that she's been thirsty so much. Wasn't prepared for that one. So, I'm a little worried, but trying not to worry until we know more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

((HUGS)) & prayers!

I hope all turns out okay, keep us updated!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home