Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm sick again and why do I have to be so selfish...

Last time I was sick and Andy never even offered to stay home and help me. I was venting to a friend about it and she made the commment that at least he could have helped get the kids off to school. We talked later and I brought that up.

I felt something coming on last night as my ear was hurting and my throat was bothering me on that same side as well. I woke up frequently during the night because of the pain. Tylenol isn't helping all that well. He asked me if I wanted him to stay at home and I told him I'd feel stupid asking him that as the kids are going to Mother's Day Out today and Deidra has school. He told me that he'd stay and help get the kids off to school and go in to work from there. He got the kids up and came downstairs where I was balled up on the couch and he asked me again "do you want me to stay?" He does this everytime I'm sick and it makes me feel guilty. I got to thinking about things and asked him if I got the kids off to school, if he could help me by going to pick them up instead. I was thinking that the morning routine would be easier for me than the afternoon one. He was supposed to have his beer tasting after work and I had forgotten about that and so he got upset with me. I told him to nevermind and just go in to work. He wrote the email to work saying that he was going to stay at home today and they'd have to reschedule and now he's mad at me. I told him before he sent the email into work that if his heart wasn't in to staying here, not to do it. I could manage. He brought up that last time a friend suggested that he could have helped by bringing the kids in to school and now that he tried to do that that's no longer good enough. Now, I feel bad. I just hate having to fight about this stuff...I just wish for once he'd have it in his heart to just want to stay home and help...it's bad enough to feel sick without having to feel guilty because I wrecked his plans or something on top of it. I just always feel like I'm competing with whatever else he wants to do. And now I feel bad because I guess I'm being selfish.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home