Friday, April 17, 2009

The Love Dare--Day 7

For today’s dare, get two sheets of paper. On the first one, spend a few minutes writing out positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and plan for each. At some point during the remainder of the day, pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your spouse for having this characteristic.

I made my list and I'll share some of the positives that I wrote about him...I'm not sharing the negatives as I don't really think that's fair to him...I'll leave those between me, him, and God.

His Positive Side....I'll file these into my "Appreciation Room"

Hard Worker
Supports His Family
helps with doctor and foster appts
very musical
mr. fix it
helps with housework
heart for animals
he rubs my feet
he helps with Deidra's homework
good in the bedroom


We were sitting on the couch watching tv last night and I told him thank you for being such a hard worker and taking care of us so well. He smiled and went back to watching tv.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

He rubs your feet? Wow! I'll have to suggest that one to DH.

I think this really does work. Even if he did go back to watching TV, he is listening. Just wait. Don't give up.
I haven't been following it all, but reading what you have written and trying to follow up at home. Last night I purchased a box of snacks he likes and wrote I (heart) U on it and left it on his dresser. He was surprised by it and thanked me. Then later asked me if we could get my parents to watch DD tonight while we go out. Even though I'm usually tired on Friday nights, I told him yet. Can't give that up!
Thanks for posting these Jess.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home