Friday, June 12, 2009

The Love Dare--Day 27

Eliminate the poison of unrealistic expectations in your home. Think of one area where your spouse has told you you’re expecting too much, and tell them you’re sorry for being so hard on them about it. Promise them you’ll seek to understand, and assure them of your unconditional love.

I think one big thing lately is that I feel the foster care side of thing falls on me. I'm the one home most of the time so most of the child-care falls on me. He's been wanting to rest and lay low after dinner, so I feel like I've had to pick up more of their care after dinner and before bed, whereas before he was helping me more often. I got kind of upset the other night because I was really short on patience and they were being handfuls and they needed a bath and the hubby wanted to lay on the couch. Later, he told me that I needed to ask him for help. I guess I just feel that he should know that I need a break from taking care of the kids and step in (he was doing it before, why all of a sudden did it change and now I have to ask?). Anyway, I feel a lot of pressure with trying to get everything done in time for Baby J's adoption, our regular paperwork stuff always falls on me, and then I get to be the one that is home to do their therapy and stuff as well all the time. It's a lot taking care of these kids and dealing with all the therapy and the paperwork and their social lives and so forth and I just wish he could understand that better sometimes. He is ready to go back to work after 2-3 days with them... But, I need to realize that just because I have a way that I do things, that he doesn't need to meet that same standard. I need to be more appreciative of the help that he does give me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home