Thursday, June 25, 2009

This lack of communication is really starting to bother me...

I have said before that we're having issues with our speech therapist. She came out last Friday after 2 new shows and said that she had been sick and out of town and stuff. I let it go. She asked if she could see the girls Tuesday and Wednesday of this week and I said that was fine. What happens...she neither shows nor calls on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday, we also had a make-up session of occupational therapy scheduled as we couldn't do it on Monday due to Baby J's adoption presentation. I asked the OT if she happened to know what was going on with the speech therapist as she's not showing for her appts. She told me she'd call the company. The company called her and didn't get an answer and so they left her a message. I guess she e-mailed them and said she had a severe case of mono and that her glands were so swollen that she couldn't talk. They told her she could have at least e-mailed them to let them know so that they could inform her families and that once she can talk she needs to get in touch with her families. Call me mean, but I told the OT that I don't buy it, she has got one excuse after another on why she never makes her appts and I hope they make her show up with a doctors note. I've been documenting all the appts that she's missed, not shown up for, or needs to reschedule all this month and it's already 2 pages long. I have to turn it in to my foster care agency with my monthly paperwork, but I think I'm also going to see about mailing a copy into the therapy company so they can see what she's been doing. I know she just recently told me she went back to school as well and that she could no longer make it up here in the mornings and needed to switch it to the afternoons. It's just a mess and I'm tired of it. Is it too hard to have set days and times and not have to reschedule, reschedule, reschedule?

Then, my foster care agency calls me yesterday and asks if I want Baby J on the play therapy schedule this week with the girls and I said that was fine. I sent her an email back asking though if we could do play therapy on the Thursdays that the girls didn't have their visits and she was going to get with the scheduler and get back to me. When I didn't hear back and the times for today, I just assumed that they had switched it to next week. I took the girls to their visit and we went and had lunch with Daddy and then we came home. Deidra was occupying the kids in the living room while I closed my eyes briefly as I was so tired and the kids were kinda catnapping on the floor when the phone rang. I told Deidra just to let it ring and I'd check messages in a little bit. She decided to answer it anyway and it my foster care agency. The play therapist wanted to know if I knew that my kids were on the schedule. I told her what all had been said yesterday and that nobody let me know the times and I just assumed it had been changed. She told me it was ok and that I didn't know, but I still feel bad. I called Andy to tell him what happened and he told me just to let it go and tell them to put us on for next week and that I'm not a mind reader. I've asked and asked for their play therapy schedule to be changed to the Thursdays that the girls didn't have their visits so that our Thursdays aren't so booked as our Thursday evenings are busy as well with 2 kids playing sports and they both have practice at the same time on Thursday nights. I don't think it helps that I've been dragging all day and am SO tired. I wasn't feeling the greatest yesterday or the day before and just muddled through...I think it's allergies...but I just want to sleep. I think I'm going to bed once I get Deidra and the girls home from volleyball practice tonight. Andy can put Baby J down for bed once they get home from t-ball practice. We should get home about the same time anyway.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get mean, Jess. REAL mean! I know you don't have it in you, but get it from somewhere. You've got a ton of kids to take care of and you need a Schedule. If people can't fit into your schedule then, dump the event. Period, end of story. You are going to wear your self out and not be the best mom for your kids, cuz you keep on jumping through everyone else's hoops. I love you, and miss you oodles!!!!! Beth

7:22 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Thanks Beth. I miss you too! I know you're right too...I need to get over worrying about getting into trouble. I think if I wasn't a foster parent, I wouldn't have any issues doing this. However, I think because the state made such a big deal of my missed appts and I was questioned about it twice, I sort of freak out and want to make sure that they get their sessions in. However, I really can't take much more of this and I am going to turn in the documentation to both my foster care agency and the therapy company at the end of this month on all of her missed appts and if they don't do anything about it, I'm going to request a new therapist. If Baby T doesn't go home in August like they're thinking right now, I'm going to change to another therapy company to do her speech through.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home