Friday, June 19, 2009

The Love Dare--Day 30

Isolate one area of division in your marriage, and look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it. Ask the Lord to reveal anything in your own heart that is threatening oneness with your spouse. Pray that He would do the same for them. And if appropriate, discuss this matter openly, seeking God for unity.

I see two things that can divide us. Andy chooses to look at the negative sometimes when things happen and can act very negatively in the way he talks sometimes. It drains me quicker than anything. However, I do call him on it sometimes and I do ask that he tries to be more positive as that is more uplifting and more encouraging.

The other thing that I really think we need to do is setting more time aside for "us." When I bring it up that we haven't really talked or anything in awhile, he's quick to say that he's busy with work and the kids are busy with sports and with everything going on it's just busy. I know it's busy around here better than anyone, but I really feel that we need to make sure that we go out and "date" and spend some time together without the constant interruptions.

Abba, I ask that you will reveal anything else that is threatening oneness with Andy and I pray that you will do the same for Andy as well. We need to be one with You.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home