Monday, September 28, 2009

Fun weekend...

We had a good weekend together as a family. Friday night, Deidra spent the night at Madison's house. Us parents hadn't met yet, so we made introductions before Deidra spent the night over there. They seem like a nice couple. Saturday, I really wanted to go to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, so we asked Deidra's friend, Madison, if she wanted to go with us. We had a good time, but it got a bit hot towards the end. We got a lot of nice pictures though. Afterwards, we went to Red Robin for dinner. The hostess was just enthralled with our family, finally after she kept watching us for awhile, she said "I don't mean to stare, big families have always fascinated me." I really don't mind, I must just get used to it after awhile as most of the time I really don't notice. We came home and watched The Velveteen Rabbit as a family. What a sweet movie! After that, we put the littles to bed and then I got invited to Starbucks and so I went up and met a friend up there. It's always nice to spend time with her, so it was fun to go out for a bit!

Sunday, we got up and went to church and I was sad to find out that Father Paul is getting re-assigned. He's our parochial vicar, so they get re-assigned every 3 years. It hasn't seemed like he's really been with us that long as he came shortly after we moved down here. Time flies! We went to Sunday school and then came home and decided to go for a Sunday drive. We went on a 300 mile drive to get more pics of the courthouses. We got 4 more while we were out. Then, we came home and I made Andy mow the lawn while I did some laundry and then we got the littles to bed. I had Deidra come in and take a shower and then we had spelling words to practice, homework to correct, and we did some reading. Then, I got her to bed and I went to bed right after she did. I was tired!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home