Friday, September 04, 2009

Too busy of a Thursday...

Got up and took Deidra to school. Came home and got the littles ready so we could take the girl's to their visit. Got down there on time and spent some time at the park with Josiah and the girl's little brother's fostermom and her 2 little ones. Then, ran back to get the kids from their visit and gave Little E her lunch in the car. Got on the road as I had the exact time I needed to get her to school on time. Made it into town and decided to take a bit different of a route to get her to school. I got off the highway and turned and went over the bridge. Passed a policeman and didn't think anything of it. Got into the part where the speed limit changes to 30 and I slow down. Get further up the road almost to our foster care agency and see flashing lights behind me. I honestly had no idea what I did. I was trying to get the littles to calm down as they were thinking about taking off their seatbelts so they could twist around better to see the police car. Finally, they calmed down and the policeman was looking at the kids and then he asked me for my license and registration. I gave them to him and then he said "you were going 45 mph in a 30 zone." I told him that I thought it was 45 back when you got off the highway and turned into 30 just before the residential part of the road. He tells me that it's 30 all down the road...goes back to his car and writes me the ticket. I was praying that he'd forgive me. No such luck and what ticked me off is that I honestly didn't know. Anyway, Little E is hollering that she needs to go to school. I tell her that it looks like she's going to be late for school. Police officer comes back and hands me the ticket and tells me that I have until the 17 to contact the court. I ask him if there's a reason that I need to do that. He gives me a weird look (I'm sure he thought I was dumb) and tells me that "that's how you're going to pay your ticket." He has me sign it and puts me on my way. I could have cried. I got Little E to school just before they were going to close the doors. I text Andy that I got a ticket. He calls me back and I tell him that I can't talk as I'm in the school zone and don't need another ticket. I get home and tell him what happened and he finds online that the roads in TX that aren't posted are automatically 30 mph. I feed Josiah and Baby T their lunch and put them down for a nap. They fought it, but it gave me some time to spend in God's Word and recoop. Then, I had to run and get the girls from school and get over to our agency for play therapy. The kids were being rotten for the first part of play therapy while we were waiting, so I took them to the car and decided to go back up the road to see where the police officer said the speed limit was posted. I took my route up the service road and exited and there's no sign until the one that I saw and slowed down. So, he literally got me speeding just as I crossed the bridge over the highway. Went back to our agency to get the girl's from play therapy and came home to make some dinner and was so happy to hear Little E ask if I could make some corn. When she first came to us, she hated her veggies and she's slowly learning to like some of them. :-) We ate dinner and then the kids picked up a little bit and then they went to bed. We worked on some homework stuff with Deidra that she had gotten wrong and then did nightly devotions with her. After she went to bed, I had a glass of Lambrusco with Andy and then went to bed myself. I was beat. Wednesday, I was in bed by 9 pm. Last night I was in bed by 10 pm. UGH

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home