Thursday, June 14, 2012

Little Progress

Josiah's temper is really starting to get rather explosive. He got upset that I asked him to do a chore that he didn't want to do. I told him he was going to do the chore to be part of the household as it shouldn't be up to Mommy to do everything and he picked the number that was in Mommy's head of the person to do the chore. He got mad and pushed over a tray with a ton of books on it and made a mess. I told him that now he got to clean up his mess that he made and then he was going to have to do the trash. The look on his face could have killed someone, so thankfully we can't die from that. I told him that he had consequences for his actions and he could've been done with the trash by now had he just done willingly what Mommy asked of him. He sat looking angry, but I walked away to give him some time to process things and I went and turned around he had begun to pick up the books and then went and did the trash. I told him that I couldn't give him his allowance point when he willingly didn't want to work this time. He came back a few minutes later and asked me what other chores he could do to earn his points. That's some progress...thank you Josiah. Lord, please give Josiah a willing and joyful heart.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

praying your way through is the way to go!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home