Wednesday, June 13, 2012

We're onto something...

We did a morning of brain gym exercises. The kids are struggling with them, but we made it through. Tracie was wanting to be really lazy about them and I knew she could do better than that, so I pushed her a little bit. She apparently got mad at me for it. I don't push my kids to do the things that I know that they're not capable of, but I do expect them to at least try. Some of them were a bit complicated for me with my hurt knee, but I pushed myself to do it too. Then, we did our tap o' the morning with Brad Yates. Tracie was whining and I told her I needed her to use her big girl words. Tracie started crying and I pulled her on my lap to give her a hug and she started yelling at me that it was all my fault that she wasn't having a good morning. I held her and she just screamed and cried and yelled in my ear at me. After I got her calmed down, she finally said that she was scared and mad. We did another tapping video for kids of letting go of fear. After that one, she willingly let me give her a hug. I told her that I understand that it's hard to work through our feelings sometimes and Mommy needs lots of practice too. She clung to me and when I asked her how she felt about Mommy, she said she didn't know. I told her that I think she has a hard time with letting Mommy's love for her inside of her heart. She didn't have an answer for that. I told her that I will always love her no matter what. She let me hug and kiss her and then I told her that she could go play. She went and got a small toy and went in the living room and climbed into the rocking chair. I think we're onto something with the tapping though and I plan on doing it 2-3 times a day and each time one of us experiences a negative emotion, we'll do the tapping videos together. I used the anger one to pull Josiah out of a temper tantrum yesterday and it had him smiling and laughing at the end. It's working! I'll just be prepared to give lots of extra hugs during all of this.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home