Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Had my first OB appt...

I had my first OB appt yesterday. I was SO nervous. I told the nurse that I wouldn't be surprised if my blood pressure was up as I had myself so nervous worrying if baby was ok. She said it was a little high when she took it, but that she understood. She just joked around with me and made me laugh. I really liked her. She talked about my concerns that I didn't know how far along I was with me. Doctor came in and congratulated me and we talked for a few minutes. He said that he'd do an ultrasound to determine how far along I was. By my lmp, I should have been 14 weeks, but I told him I couldn't seem to grasp my mind around that and really didn't think I was quite that far along. I waited and waited for an ultrasound room to open and my doctor finally came and got me after several updates (he didn't want me to think he had forgotten me) and took me back for my ultrasound. He found baby and I was able to hear the heartbeat. What a glorious sound! He measured baby and determined that (as of yesterday) I was 10 weeks and 1 day pregnant. He gave me a due date of May 30, 2010. I am SO thrilled to know that baby is well. He gave me orders to quit stressing and worrying and start enjoying this pregnancy. So, that's what I'm doing. I got some blood work done and gave a urine sample and he gave me some various prenatal vitamins to try to see which one I liked best. I told him I had been on Wal-marts prenatals, but he wanted me on the perscriptions more to make sure that me and baby were getting all the nutrients we needed. I was surprised to find that the perscriptions all had DHA tablets with them. That's new since I had prenatals with Deidra. I understand it though. I have my first ultrasound pics hanging on the fridge. I asked for pics and Dr. says "they're not the best and baby just looks like a blob, but if you want some, I'll gladly give you some." Yup, I want pics of my baby...blob or not. :-) I have some with Deidra that were earlier than this and all you can see is the sac... I'm really glad that I have the doctor that I do. I really like him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home