Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Love Dare--Day 18

Prepare a special dinner at home, just for the two of you. The dinner can be as nice as you prefer. Focus this time on getting to know your spouse better, perhaps in areas you’ve rarely talked about. Determine to make it an enjoyable evening for you and your mate.

I asked my hubby some things that he'd like to accomplish over the next couple of months. He talked a lot about how the house was bothering him, he wanted to get more organized, and so forth. I never realized that the house was such a cause of stress for him. I took it a bit personally as I'm the one that is home all day. I told him that I'm really trying to clean more and so forth, but the kids mess up whatever I have done for the day usually by the time he gets home. He said that he understands that the kids keep me more than busy and that he doesn't consider it my job 100% to have the house clean and organized and he acknowledged that he needed to start stepping up more too. He talked about the house for at least an hour. I'm really going to try to do a bit more, even if I have to go have the kids pick up their toys and so forth a few minutes before he comes home so he can at least come home to a house that isn't so cluttered with all their toys since the playroom is the first room that you walk into. We didn't really get a chance to talk about much else. I didn't have a chance to just have dinner for us either as the kids all needed to eat as well. So, I may try to do a special dinner for us over the weekend after the kids are in bed. I did tell him that I also think that if we're going to put us on such a tight schedule that we needed to schedule in time for us and for ourselves with the kids so that they all get one-on-one time as well. I just feel that relationships are more important than getting certain things (like ebay or computer time) done. He was able to see where I was coming from, so that was good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home