Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Love Dare--Day 19

Look back over the dares from previous days. Were there some that seemed impossible to you? Have you realized your need for God to change your heart and to give you the ability to love? Ask Him to show you where you stand with Him, and ask for the strength and grace to settle your eternal destination.

I really had a hard time not saying anything negative. It's like I felt such a need to have my feelings heard and responded to that I just couldn't stop myself. I have definitely learned that I need God to help me through this and that God has to be the center of our marriage. I think some days are harder than others and other days I don't struggle at all and I want to do these for him. On the days that I struggle, I try to give my heart to God and do it for Him as I know that He wants me to do this for my husband. I really do want my marriage to be a good one and centered around Christ though and so most days I don't really struggle and find the dares to be fun. I think the only thing that I find hard sometimes is learning that we're supposed to do things for our husbands and family and that we're not supposed to necessarily expect the thank you's for doing those things. The thank you would go a long way to show appreciation, but I have to keep reminding myself that even if my husband doesn't show appreciation for what all I do or even my kids...that God does and that He appreciates all that I do. I'm learning to give my frustrations back to God as He sees the true intentions of my heart and knows my struggles when I get aggravated.

Abba, I pray that You will help me a great wife to Andy and a great mother to my children, I pray that you will always keep my heart on fire with love for Andy and that I will always keep his interests and intentions at heart. I ask for your forgiveness where I have done wrong by Andy and pray that you will help to change my heart when needed.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also doing the Love Dare book! I am only on Day 3 and I also have a hard time with not saying anything negative. I'm trying really hard though!

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home