Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Love Dare--Day 31

Is there a “leaving” issue you haven’t been brave enough to conquer yet? Confess it to your spouse today, and resolve to make it right. The oneness of your marriage is dependent upon it. Follow this with a commitment to your spouse and to God to make your marriage the top priority over every other human relationship.

I know that Andy sometimes feels torn between what his family wants us to do and what we want for ourselves and there's been many issues where he hasn't stuck up for me to his family that have hurt me. I've forgiven him and we move forward. I think the distance between us and his brother and his wife have been good for our marriage and I think the fact that we no longer live close to his Dad has been good for us. Granted, Andy and I my Mom sometimes clash and that can cause fights and my Mom didn't like it last Thanksgiving when I stuck up for my husband and we left rather than stay at her house. But, I later explained to her that I wanted Andy to understand that we need to stick up for one another to our parents and that our parents need to respect us as well. Abba, I pray that You will always help Andy and myself to stay united as one in our marriage. It's not easy sometimes, but I pray that You will help and guide us.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home