Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Love Dare--Day 32

If at all possible, try to initiate sex with your husband or wife today. Do this in a way that honors what your spouse has told you (or implied to you) about what they need from you sexually. Ask God to make this enjoyable for both of you as well as a path to greater intimacy.

This is one area that we don't necessarily lack in, but I feel the chemistry between us is lacking. My drive has always been higher than his and that can be frustrating for me and if I try to initiate anything, a lot of times I have to wait for him to finish whatever he is doing first. Whereas, if he wants it on the rare occasion that he does initiate, I will 99% of the time give it to him. I don't believe in witholding that from one another. He's a night owl and I'm not, so most of the time if I do ask and he's says "maybe" he'll wake me up and he thinks that's totally ok. It's hard for me to wake up sometimes to do that, but I do my best. Other times, I make myself stay awake to wait for him and I get so darn tired that it's hard for me. He's just not very spontaneous anymore and I take it personally even though he tells me not to. It would just be nice to feel that my husband really desires me sexually sometimes...to be told that I look pretty or nice...to be given kisses and hugs without having to seek them out myself...just little things like that. We made love a couple nights ago and as much as I tried to get into it, the chemistry between us really lacked. Yesterday, I bought a new nightgown that I thought was rather revealing and thought it would put him in the mood. I even suggested that we go to the bedroom and all I got was a "maybe." I fell asleep on the couch and he woke me up a couple hours later to go to bed. Off to slumberland we both went.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home